Irradiation cave for use with medium (CSS1 or CIME) or high (CSS2) energy ion beams
The cave G4 is the specific cave to realize industrial applications of GANIL beams. One line (G41) is fully dedicated to industrial applications.
- Two scanning magnets (Horizontal & Vertical) allow an irradiation area of about 50 x 4 cm.
- Irradiation occurs in the air, behind a thin (10 µm) stainless steel window.
- On line monitoring of the beam intensity through ionisation chamber (low intensities), or secondary emission detector (high intensities).
Specific devices have been built in collaboration with industry to perform two main types of irradiation:
- Irradiation of electronic devices and systems for tests, research or certification
- Irradiation of polymere films for exploitation of ion track technologies (microporous membranes, micro structures...)
For more information, please contact either